Our Practice Areas | Law Offices of Seth Kretzer
When asked why our clients come to the Law Offices of Seth Kretzer for legal representation in federal criminal cases, we have one answer: RESULTS.
Based in Houston, our Texas criminal defense firm focuses on providing reliable legal advice and assistance to individuals facing severe legal charges and sentences in all federal criminal cases and appeals. With nearly a decade of extensive legal experience, founding lawyer Seth Kretzer has established himself as an aggressive and effective advocate who is not afraid of a challenge — especially those involving federal punishment.
A Proven Record of Results Knocking Down Federal Charges and Appeals
While it is crucial to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney as early as possible in your case, the Law Offices of Seth Kretzer is prepared to help you at every stage of the legal process, including:
- Federal crimes appeals: Attorney Seth Kretzer has served as lead counsel on more than 60 direct appeals in the 5th Circuit, two of which has led to unanimous reversals on sentencing issues. From identity theft to murder convictions, our firm will fight to protect your appellate rights and work to get your conviction reversed, your sentence reduced or to obtain a new trial for you.
- Drug crimes appeals: While drug crimes are the most litigated offenses in federal court, we will tirelessly work to minimize your exposure to negative legal consequences. Our attorney will aggressively fight overreaching government theories in all drug cases involving marijuana, hashish, cocaine, Ecstasy, prescription drugs, etc.
- Federal crimes: Our goal at the Law Offices of Seth Kretzer is to fight to get our clients' charges dismissed or their sentences as low as possible in a wide range of cases, including:
- Health care fraud criminal defense
- White collar crimes
- Securities fraud
- Federal tax fraud
- Immigration fraud
- Money laundering
- Mortgage fraud
- Mail and wire fraud
- Medicare fraud
- Drug Offense
- Gun crimes
- Forfeiture defense
- Federal Capital Habeas cases
In addition, our Houston federal and criminal appeals lawyer offers comprehensive sentencing consulting services to clients and trial attorneys. Seth Kretzer is very familiar with the complicated U.S. sentencing guidelines and can help you understand and review your presentencing report (PSR), as well as purposefully respond to objections.
CASE SPOTLIGHT | In August 2011, Seth Kretzer delivered oral argument for Corey Duffey, who was convicted of leading the Dallas "Scarecrow Bandits" in a bank robbery spree. In January 2012, the 5th Circuit unanimously reversed four of Duffey's convictions for attempted bank robbery on the grounds of sufficiency of the evidence. This has the effect of removing 50 years from Duffey's sentence. Even more importantly, prosecutors are now foreclosed from charging defendants who happened to be near a bank with attempted robbery unless they actually forcibly enter a bank. This is a significant new doctrinal limitation on conspiracy doctrine.
Contact Our Dallas Sentence Guideline Consulting Attorney
We invite you to contact the Law Offices of Seth Kretzer at 832-460-1714 when you need experienced and reliable legal assistance with your federal criminal charges or appeal. We represent clients in South Texas and throughout the state. We are available by phone 24/7. Our law office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Attorney Seth Kretzer is available to make off-site visits to the Joe Corley Detention Facility in Conroe or the Federal Detention Center in Houston. Major credit cards accepted. Ask us about our flexible payment plans. Spanish translation services available.